Paul Czarkowski recently presented Deis at the Cloud Austin Meetup with a great deck entitled Docking with Unicorns. Following that, Paul published a detailed guide for running Deis on Rackspace Cloud. Great stuff Paul!
OpDemand, the creator and maintainer of Deis, is hiring Senior Software Engineers with a deep Linux background and a passion for automation. You’ll join a tight-knit team of open source developers who are helping businesses succeed using cutting-edge technologies like Docker and Linux containers.
As an open source project, Deis is developed in public on GitHub, IRC and mailing lists. Applicants must be comfortable contributing to popular open source projects that enforce high standards for code quality, test coverage and documentation.
Applicants must be comfortable working with the following technologies:
- Python, Ruby/Chef, Shell & Go
- Linux (all distros), Docker, LXC, cgroups
- Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Vagrant
Engineering responsibilities include:
- Writing code, tests and documentation for the modules that make up the Deis PaaS
- Designing and drafting specifications that help guide the future direction of Deis
- Contributing to adjacent open source projects like Docker, Chef and etcd
Support responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the Deis project on GitHub by responding to issues and pull requests
- Handling customer tickets related to installation, training and support
- Participating in a pager rotation for paying customers
- Highly competitive compensation
- Best-in-class Apple equipment
- Downtown Boulder office
- Company culture that respects work/life balance
New employees are expected to join the OpDemand team at our Boulder, Colorado headquarters. Relocation assistance is not available.
Think you have what it takes? Apply here!
Want to learn about using Docker for testing and build automation? Come to the next Docker Boulder Meetup on January 29th hosted by OpDemand!
We have two 20 min lightning talks scheduled, followed by pizza and beer...
Lightning Talk #1 - Docker at Rally
Aaron Nichols will talk about Rally Software's use of Docker to speed up their Chef test automation
Lightning Talk #2 - Containerizing Buildbot
Matt Boersma will demonstrate how he used Docker's Trusted Builds to containerize OpDemand's Continuous Integration system
Pizza & Beer
Let's eat, drink and talk about containerizing all the things!