The Deis project is fired up to announce v1.1.0, the first update in our new monthly release cycle. The CoreOS stable channel is now used to provision Deis. Process type management has been improved for all Docker, Procfile and Docker-plus-Procfile workflows.Read More
It was a terrific conference with a highly technical and engaged audience. I had a lot of fun doing a deep dive into cluster schedulers and how Deis arrived at Mesos for deploying containers at scale.
If you missed it, check out the slides for Deis + Mesos: Docker PaaS at Scale.
The Deis project is proud to announce v1.0.0, our first stable release. Deis is now suitable for production workloads. This makes Deis the first production-ready PaaS built from the ground up to leverage Docker.
The 1.0 milestone signifies Deis has a stable API, broad feature set and solid component architecture. The Deis 1.0 feature set includes:
- Platform Quality - Deis has been battle-tested by the open source community to handle production enterprise workloads
- Streamlined Installation - Deis can now be installed on a CoreOS cluster in under 30 minutes using a simple command-line utility
- High Availability - The entire Deis platform is highly-available and can tolerate failure of any host in the cluster
- Proven Workflows - Deis ships with three deployment workflows: Heroku Buildpacks, Dockerfiles and native Docker Images
- Comprehensive Documentation - Docs for developers and operators have been expanded, improved and consolidated into a single documentation site
- Run Anywhere – Deis runs on public cloud, private cloud and bare metal with certified support for Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, OpenStack and VMware
We want to thank the extended community of Deis users and contributors, whose willingness to put early versions of Deis into production has allowed us to resolve issues that can only be found when running real-world production workloads. We are grateful for your patience and persistence.
During the past 16 months of development, Deis has incorporated best-of-breed technologies from Docker, CoreOS, Ceph, Heroku and others. We want to thank these projects/vendors and the wonderful people behind them. Your ongoing assistance has been critical to the success of Deis as an open source PaaS.Read More
Big thanks to the DigitalOcean crew for hosting a full night of Deis at their NYC meetup.
The Deis project is thrilled to announce v0.15.0, our first release candidate for stable. With CephFS and our v1 REST API in place, we are now in a feature freeze. We will only enhance documentation and fix bugs until our first stable release in November.Read More