Deis v1.13.0 LTS - Long Term Support
Deis v1.13.0 is the final feature release for Deis. It is a Long Term Support (LTS) release, which means we will continue to patch bugs and accept pull requests, however any new features should be applied to Deis Workflow, the successor to Deis.
Deis v1.13.0 bumps CoreOS to 899.13.0, updates the system's containers to Alpine 3.3, removes the scheduler technology previews, bumps the Heroku buildpacks to the latest stable versions, adds a healthcheck url
/healthz to the controller, and allows logspout to re-discover the logger when it jumps to another control plane node.
If you are coming from an earlier version of Deis, please read the "Upgrading Deis" documentation for details.
What is Deis?
- deis-client responds to
deis help version
- deis-controller now has a health check view at
- There are graceful shutdown scripts for Ceph and Ceph-less nodes. See more here
- deis-controller returns a 409 when cancelling a user account that has applications
- deis-router now makes
- deis-logspout now continuously re-discovers the logger's connection information, should it be re-scheduled onto another host
- deis-controller prevents overlapping
- deis-client only deletes
~/.deis/client.jsonif you're cancelling your own account
- deis-controller fixed a bug where single quotes could not be used in an environment variable
- deis-builder can be used from within a proxied environment
- deis-database exits if it is unable to check for existing backups in Ceph
- Linode's provisioning script now allows for cluster expansion
Under the Hood
- deis-controller removed all the scheduler technology previews, including Kubernetes, Swarm and Mesos
- If you want to test Deis on Kubernetes, please try out the Deis Workflow Beta!
- CoreOS was updated to 899.13.0
- deis-controller bumped docker-py to 1.7.2
- Most components upgraded their Docker base image to Alpine 3.3
- All Heroku buildpacks were updated to their current release versions
For more details, please see CHANGELOG.md.
We want to thank the following Deis community members for creating GitHub issues, providing support to others, and working on various Deis branches:
- @ainux4mrvce: Quartz.net
- @arkkanoid: Limit max containers per node, deis scale omits environment tags, Set SSL on Application, application migration to another node, Deis builder container removed
- @arschles: [Meta] Object Storage Configuration for RC1
- @CloudSide: docs(contrib): add link to deis-phppgadmin
- @davidcelis: App process died at one point, no longer logs to
- @dhilipsiva: Minor doc updates for GCE
- @GautierT: Unable to register to the controller after a successful install
- @glenwong: Problem bringing up stateless platform
- @iangcarroll: Are repositories meant to be frequently lost?
- @jamescw: How to view deis users and/or reset passwords, Use the cluster url as an app url
- @jillson: tar command fails inside docker for Java buildpack
- @jwaldrip: Broken Deploys, Router does not get updated config of builder on machine change, You cannot attach to a stopped container, start it first
- @monaka: CLI doesn't report error on pushing image.
- @mooyah: deisctl: Add more keys for access, Deis git push fails
- @mrardon: Using heroku-buildpack-php provides no nginx/apache/php logs
- @n1rvana: Dockerfile based apps not working for me, Best way to support multiple versions of the same app. (eg: DEV, QA, PROD), Unable to install deis to newly configured Azure cluster
- @naphatkrit: git push builder error, nginx 502 on apps that take too long to return HTTP responses, fix(vagrant): fix Vagrantfile to handle spaces
- @obmarg: Applications with many web workers frequently fail healthchecks, Config in etcd not rolled back on healthcheck failure., Healthcheck failure on deploy not reported.
- @olalonde: Feature request: support for deploying directly from a git remote, Health checks persist after successful deployment, Question: does Deis drain HTTP connections before stopping containers?, [controller] When deleting a user, its apps are deleted from the database but keep running
- @omykuji: Deploy an existing app when upgrading
- @rosstimson: Support ssh keys larger than 4096 on Workflow (v2)
- @rstacruz: Instructions for using graceful-etcd-shutdown, Stateless without logging?, Question: is stateless Deis still supported on v2?, deis-builder "key does not exist" errors, Low disk space, How do we enable graceful-etcd-shutdown?, Docs: document
ceph mon removein removing hosts, Docs: running without ceph issue with
store set gateway, docs(Add/Remove hosts): fix wrong filepath to user-data.example
- @spinus: persistant storage 2
- @thypon: digitalocean deploy: can't reach volume quorum
- @udragon: Running DEIS in a standalone network
- @zhaohanweng: router-nginx-status currently is public accessible if enabled
The Deis community continues to grow, and Deis wouldn't be here without you! If we slighted your contribution to this release, please let us know so we can update.
How can you help?
- Star our GitHub repository
- Help spread the word about @opendeis on Twitter
- Join the conversation in the Slack channel
- Voice your opinion on the Deis Roadmap by attending the monthly Release Planning Meeting
- Pick an easy-fix or help wanted issue and start contributing!
Learn about other ways to get involved on our website.